Monday 20 April 2009

+Loving Lime+

After the soggy week last week, rain and drizzle and fine mist (we Brits must have as many words for rain as the Eskimos do for snow) we are now basking in sunshine. The washing that was on my line has finally dried, the builders have packed up and gone and left me to do the painting, sanding and filling. The gas board have stopped traipsing through my house and have set up camp in the road to replace 30 year old gas pipes. And suddenly it is calm, I can once again concentrate on the tasks in hand (about 36 at the last count). 

I hung this Turkish lantern in the garden because it's too big for indoors and now I want to paint everything lime green. Starting with the garden furniture I got for £12 in a garage sale. It's going to be tres chic. I'm imagining garden lunches that look like Sunday supplements but I know that the soundtrack will be the neighbour's new chain saw and the gas board's pneumatic drills. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post photo is BEAUTIFUL.. I am so loving it. Your garden looks like a tropical paradise. Green is my favourite colour...

nath said...

Mizzle is one of my favourites, it means misty rain. I'm sure you know what I mean.

The garden plans look and sound lush. I have just spent a hour or two weeding our tiny front garden and hacking back next door's ugly evergreen shrub, uncovering lily of the valley and a rambling rose as I did so. Shrubs are for people who don't like plants.

Francesca said...

thank you louise, that's really sweet to offer but i got one the next day. can't do without it! my loss is the charity shop's gain i'm sure. look after those toes!

looking forward to seeing your lime green garden furniture. please post pics!